Honoring Our Veteran's
VA Cash Benefits For Reimbursement of Burial Expenses - $300 is available for an honorably discharged veteran, IF: they were receiving a pension or disability benefits from the VA at the time of death; or the death occurred in a VA hospital, or VA contracted health care facility.
• Active Duty or Service Connected Death - $2,000 is available IF: the veteran died during active duty; or an honorably discharged veteran died of a service-connected injury.
• Burial Plot Allowance - $150 is available for an honorably discharged veteran not interred in a cemetery that is under the jurisdiction of the US government, IF: the veteran was receiving a pension or disability benefits from the VA at the time of death; the death occurred in a VA hospital, or VA contracted health care facility.
• Transportation Allowance - Transportation allowance will be reimbursed by the VA for transportation expenses from the place of death to the funeral home and to the cemetery for a veteran who died in a VA hospital, or VA contracted health care facility.
• US flag - An honorably discharged veteran is entitled to a US flag provided by the Veterans Administration.
• Headstone or Marker - In a National Cemetery, a veteran, spouse and dependent children receive a free headstone. For burial in a private cemetery, a simple marker for veterans ONLY will be provided, if the grave is unmarked.
• Burial in a National Cemetery - Free grave space is available for a veteran, spouse and dependent children.
At the time of death, we will notify the Veterans Administration. For specific questions concerning eligibility claims and benefits please contact Lincoln Family Group.
Email Us Today